FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How much will shipping cost in the US?
- Do you ship internationally?
- Can I send an item as a gift, and do you gift wrap?
- Do you require signature on delivery?
- Do you offer same day delivery?
- How can I find out the status of my order?
How much will shipping cost in the US?
Do you ship internationally?
Can I send an item as a gift, and do you gift wrap?
Yes! We always offer complimentary gift wrap and are more than happy to help you send items as a gift. Our signature gift boxes are topped with a beautiful ribbon and we always include a jewelry pouch with your purchase. We can also include a short note from you and a special occasion gift tag if desired. Holiday orders will be wrapped with our holiday gift tags unless otherwise specified by you.
Do you require signature on delivery?
For our UPS 2nd-day, next day, and Saturday Delivery shipping options we do require a signature for your package. If you would like to ship without a signature, we can ship USPS ground (3-5 days). Contact us and we can help you to find the best option.
Do you offer same day delivery?
Yes, if you Live In Austin, Texas. Contact us via phone or email for assistance with local gifts and courier service. If you are shopping online and you live in Austin, Texas, you may also choose courier delivery at checkout. Orders must be placed before 11 AM for same-day delivery.
How can I find out the status of my order?
Please contact us and we would be more than happy to look into your order and give you an update.
Returns + Exchanges
- What is your online return policy?
- Can I return or exchange an online purchase at your store location?
- What is your return policy for items purchased in store?
- What if they do not like my jewelry gift?
What is your online return policy?
Items bought online can be returned for a refund, exchange, or store credit, minus the original shipping fees, if we receive the items back in store within 10 days of customer receipt. There are no refunds on special orders or out-of-stock items.
Can I return or exchange an online purchase at your store location?
Yes. You are always welcome to come into our store to exchange your online purchases, we would love to help you find the perfect piece of jewelry for you.
What is your return policy for items purchased in store?
Items bought in-store at Eliza Page in Austin, Tx, can be returned for store credit or exchange within 30 days of purchase. Store credit does not expire. We do not issue refunds.
What if they do not like my jewelry gift?
We offer exchange or store credit if the item is returned within 30 days of purchase, and we are happy to help you both find something that they will really love. If we can’t find something right away, store credit never expires, so you have time to find the right gift
Product Care & Materials
- Do you use recycled metals?
- Is your jewelry ethically made and diamonds conflict-free?
- How should I take care of my jewelry?
Do you use recycled metals?
Yes. We strive to use recycled metals and stones as much as possible in our own designs and make sure that our designers do the same.
Is your jewelry ethically made and diamonds conflict-free?
Yes. All of us at Eliza Page and all of our designers stand behind the design and craftsmanship of our jewelry. We are dedicated to using recycled metals, materials sourced from ethical mines, and diamond dealers who subscribe to the Kimberly Process. Our designers are committed to this as well. Being based in Austin, Texas, we sell and support many local and Texas-based jewelers, and use local designers and gemstone dealers, whenever possible.
How should I take care of my jewelry?
While Eliza Page jewelry is designed to last, it will last longer with proper care. Taking basic measures to protect and care for your jewelry will help to preserve the materials and the finish. These basic jewelry care techniques can help you protect your Eliza Page jewelry: Remove your jewelry when using cleaning solvents or applying beauty products. Do not wear your jewelry while swimming or bathing or when exposed to extreme temperatures. Do not expose items to water or moisture, as it can tarnish your jewelry. Store jewelry carefully in a dry, dust-free place such as in its jewelry pouch or box, and keep it separated from other materials so it doesn’t scratch.
- Can I order a different chain than the one sold with a pendant?
- Can you size my ring or change the length of a chain, bracelet, etc?
- Do you offer items in different sizes (i.e rings) or metals, other than what is featured on the website?
- Can rings be resized?
- How long will it take to resize a ring?
- Do you have matching sets of jewelry - i.e. earrings, necklaces, etc.
- Can you repair my jewelry?
- How do I figure out my ring size?
- Do you offer engraving or personalized jewelry?
Can I order a different chain than the one sold with a pendant?
Yes. We are always happy to customize your jewelry if possible; contact us and we can discuss a quote for a new chain.
Can you size my ring or change the length of a chain, bracelet, etc?
Yes. We are happy to try to adjust any jewelry purchased at Eliza Page. Contact us and we can discuss the best solution for you and your jewelry.
Do you offer items in different sizes (i.e rings) or metals, other than what is featured on the website?
Yes. Almost all of our jewelry can be resized or remade in a different size or with a different metal. Contact us with specific inquiries so we can discuss together.
Can rings be resized?
Most of our rings can be resized, but there are some styles that we are unable to change. If a ring cannot be resized, we are happy to remake the ring as close as possible to the original by sourcing similar stones for you. You will essentially be getting a new, one-of-a-kind ring made especially for you!
How long will it take to resize a ring?
On average ring resizing takes 1- 2 weeks depending on the design. If the ring needs to be remade, timelines vary based on the designer’s production of a new ring.
Do you have matching sets of jewelry - i.e. earrings, necklaces, etc.
Yes. We carry many styles that come as a matching set, however, items in the set may be sold separately. If a style you are interested in does not come in a set, we are always happy to help you find complementary pieces. Contact us and we can work together to create an amazing set, unique to you.
Can you repair my jewelry?
Eliza Page is always available to handle repairs on jewelry purchased through our store. We do not take in repairs on your personal jewelry, but contact us for our recommendations on reputable local repair shops.
How do I figure out my ring size?
Do you offer engraving or personalized jewelry?
Yes! Most of our jewelry is able to be customized with engraving. We have many options for initial and letter jewelry as well.
Custom Design & Engagement
- How do I place a custom design order?
- Can you design a setting for my heirloom diamond or gemstones?
- How long will it take to create a custom engagement ring?
- What is your warranty on wedding and engagement rings?
- Do I need to make an appointment to look at engagement rings?
How do I place a custom design order?
Contact us to set up an appointment to start the design process with one of our Custom Design Specialists. Read more about our Custom Process here.
Can you design a setting for my heirloom diamond or gemstones?
Yes. Please be sure to bring your stones to your design appointment so that we can take measurements and begin to work on your custom design right away! There is a $500 fee for setting your heirloom center stone.
How long will it take to create a custom engagement ring?
Our Custom Process takes on average 4-8 weeks from start to finish. There are some exceptions to this, so let us know your needs and timelines and we will always do our best to accommodate you.
What is your warranty on wedding and engagement rings?
Do I need to make an appointment to look at engagement rings?
No appointment is required! If your schedule permits, however, we would love you to contact us to schedule an appointment so we can dedicate focused, one-on-one time with you without interruptions.
- What payment types do you take?
- Do you have a warranty program?
- Do you provide an appraisal with my purchase?
- Do you offer layaway or financing?
- Can I combine my gift card with store credit?
- Do you have sales or offer discounts?
- Do I have to pay sales tax?
What payment types do you take?
Do you have a warranty program?
Do you provide an appraisal with my purchase?
Do you offer layaway or financing?
Can I combine my gift card with store credit?
Do you have sales or offer discounts?
Do I have to pay sales tax?
Ear Piercings at Eliza Page
- What type of piercings do you offer?
- Do you pierce with needles or guns?
- What jewelry do you use?
- Do you offer flat back piercing studs?
- How many piercings can I get at once?
- How much will it cost?
- How old do I have to be to get pierced?
- Who is your piercer and what training do they have?
- What is your best advice for healing any ear piercing?
- What should I do before a piercing?
- How do I book my piercing appointment? Do you take walk-ins?
What type of piercings do you offer?
Right now we only offer lobe and helix piercings using high quality 14k gold & diamond piercing studs. We plan to expand and offer other piercing options in the future. See our piercing guide here.
Do you pierce with needles or guns?
We pierce using sterile, surgically sharp hollow needles. This allows for optimal placement and superior healing compared to a piercing gun. Piercing with a gun has the potential to shatter cartilage or tissue and can never be sterilized because they are made of plastic.
What jewelry do you use?
We have a wide variety of 14k yellow or white gold piercing studs with standard butterfly backs and 18 gauge posts. The slightly wider post helps with the healing process by ensuring that your new piercing doesn't heal too tight for standard earrings and allows proper drainage.
Do you offer flat back piercing studs?
Flat back studs are used for small spaces where a butterfly back might cause irritation - i.e. the tragus or a forward helix piercing. We currently do not offer these piercings at this time.
How many piercings can I get at once?
For lobe piercings, we recommend no more than 4 piercings at a time - i.e. 2 pairs of lobe piercings.
For cartilage/helix piercings, we recommend you choose one side to pierce at a time as these piercings can be sore for a few months.
How much will it cost?
The cost of piercing is included with the purchase of your piercing studs.
Prices start at $80.00 for a single simple gold ball stud and go up to $250.00 for a diamond stud.
How old do I have to be to get pierced?
We are happy to pierce clients as 5 years old and up! Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and must bring a birth certificate or papers of guardianship.
If you are 18 years or older please bring a valid drivers licence or state issued ID.
Who is your piercer and what training do they have?
Our exclusive in-house piercing stylist, Sirandyn, is thoroughly trained in the art of needle piercing to ensure the health and safety of our customers. As a local business, we are committed to a private and safe experience.
What is your best advice for healing any ear piercing?
Consistent cleaning and no touching. The less you touch your new piercing the less likely you are to introduce germs to your healing tissue.
What should I do before a piercing?
Make sure you have eaten a good meal, are hydrated, and that you are in overall good health. Avoiding alcohol and ibuprofen is also a good idea as these can both thin the blood and make you bleed more.
How do I book my piercing appointment? Do you take walk-ins?
You can book your appointment online through our appointment calendar or you can call the store. We ask that you please purchase your preferred piercing studs online so we can assure they are fully sterilized and ready for your appointment. You can view all of our piercing studs here.
We can try to accommodate walk-ins but your jewelry choices will be limited to what options we have pre-sterilized on any given day.
- How do I clean my piercing?
- How long will my piercing take to heal?
- How do I know my piercing is infected?
- When can I change out my piercing?
- What to avoid?
How do I clean my piercing?
- WASH your hands thoroughly prior to cleaning or touching on or near your piercing with liquid antibacterial, anti-microbial or germicidal soap.
- SOAP two to three times a day. Lather up a pearl size drop of the soap to clean the jewelry and the piercing. Leave the cleanser on the piercing no more than thirty seconds, then rinse thoroughly to remove all traces of the soap from the piercing. Q-Tips work well for applying the soap.
- SALINE soak for five to ten minutes once a day. Dissolve 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon sea salt into one cup (8 oz) of warm distilled or bottled water and apply.
- DRY with disposable paper products or air dry, because cloth towels can harbor bacteria.
How long will my piercing take to heal?
Healing times will vary between people.
Lobe piercings take about 2 months to heal.
Cartilage/Helix piercings take about 6+ months to heal.
How do I know my piercing is infected?
After piercing, it's normal to experience slight bleeding, swelling, tenderness, itching, bruising, or soreness.
If you experience any symptoms such as: fever, ear is warm to the touch, throbbing pain, burning or any other symptom that seems to be getting worse, we recommend seeing a doctor as soon as possible.
When can I change out my piercing?
We recommend keeping your piercing jewelry in for the full healing time (lobes healing time 2 months & cartilage/helix healing time 6+ months). You should sleep with them and do all your normal daily activities with your piercing studs.
What to avoid?
- Avoid friction from clothing, excessive motion of the area, playing with the jewelry and vigorous cleaning.
- Avoid the use of alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, Betadine, Hibiclens, or ointment on your piercing.
- Avoid over cleaning. This can delay your healing and irritate your piercing.
- Avoid submerging the piercing in bodies of water such as lakes, pools, jacuzzis, etc.
- Avoid all beauty and personal care products on or around the piercing including cosmetics, lotions, sprays, etc.
Endless Bracelets at Eliza Page
- Is the bracelet permanent?
- Can I purchase my chain & charms in-store?
- Do I need an appointment?
- Can I book an appointment for multiple people?
- Can I put my own stones in an endless bracelet?
- What if my endless bracelet falls off?
- If I just get the chain, can I add a charm later?
- Can I add a clasp later?
- What if I have to get it removed/taken off? Will you solder it back on? If so, does this cost anything?
- Can I get an endless anklet?
- How long does it take?
- Can I bring my own chain in to be soldered on?
- Can I get more than one at a time?
- Can I swim in it?
- Do I have to remove it to go through airport security?
- Is there any regular care and maintenance?
- Does it hurt?
- Who solders it on?
- How old do you have to be to have it done?
- What if I have an allergic reaction?
- Can I give this as a gift?
Is the bracelet permanent?
While this is highly dependent on your lifestyle, because this is a custom-length chain professionally welded on, you should be able to wear this for years to come. You may also purchase a clasp for an extra cost if you would like to be able to take the bracelet on and off.
Can I purchase my chain & charms in-store?
Yes! If you have a particular chain or charm in mind, however, please purchase ahead so we can be sure to have it ready for you. All charms and chains are final sale.
Do I need an appointment?
Yes, an appointment is necessary to be certain our bench jeweler is available when you arrive. Book here.
Can I book an appointment for multiple people?
Yes - we love to celebrate with a friendship bracelet! Please book your appointments back to back and denote the attendees on your appointment form.
Can I put my own stones in an endless bracelet?
We know your stones are very special to you, but we must use a specific size and setting style, so we provide several options for you to choose from. If you don’t see a stone you want, please ask, and we may be able to special order it for you.
What if my endless bracelet falls off?
We are more than happy to solder it back on at no extra charge. Alternatively, we can solder on a clasp for you if you do not live nearby.
If I just get the chain, can I add a charm later?
Yes - the more the merrier! You can celebrate every occasion with a new charm.
Can I add a clasp later?
Yes, we understand that as circumstances change, you may want the ability to take your bracelet off, without sacrificing the sentiment and style.
What if I have to get it removed/taken off? Will you solder it back on? If so, does this cost anything?
While they are few and far between, we know there may arise a situation where you have to take off your Endless Bracelet. Please let us know, and we will be happy to help resolder it without a fee.
Can I get an endless anklet?
Endless style is not just for wrists! Please call for a customized quote, and we will be happy to help make your jewelry dreams come true.
How long does it take?
We recommend allowing 30 minutes to an hour per bracelet. We want to allow you plenty of time to choose your special charm and for our welder to get just the right fit!
Can I bring my own chain in to be soldered on?
No, the chains we use are specially chosen for the link size, shape, and weight. We offer several different and unique styles to help best fit your ideal look.
Can I get more than one at a time?
We love a great bracelet stack! Please note in your appointment form that you would like to do multiple bracelets. Also, please purchase ahead, or be prepared to choose from our in stock options.
Can I swim in it?
Yes, our 14K gold chains are safe to get wet, and will not tarnish.
Do I have to remove it to go through airport security?
TSA does not require the removal of fine jewelry through airport security, though they may require a quick additional scan or pat down.
Is there any regular care and maintenance?
No direct maintenance is required, we just ask that you be mindful of your activities!
Does it hurt?
Our professional bench jeweler uses a spot-welder to solder the metal jump ring, linking your bracelet. The electrode touches only the metal, and is painless to you, except your bracelet may have a slight warmness to the touch after soldering.
Who solders it on?
Our bench jeweler has extensive soldering experience of over 15 years, and has been specially trained on our spot-welder.
How old do you have to be to have it done?
The minimum age is five years. The individual must be able to agree to have the bracelet on, as well as the ability to sit still for welding. Also, please note that with growth, additional chain may need to be added at an additional cost.
What if I have an allergic reaction?
If you believe you are having an allergic reaction, please remove the bracelet. Our 14K gold does not have nickel, a common metal allergen, so allergic reactions to our chains should be rare.
Can I give this as a gift?
Yes! To make it easy, we offer a gift card for the in-store experience. We can also assemble the bracelet with a clasp for your loved one.